I was going to write a whole thing explaing what exactly is going on with the CBA talks, but ESPN did it a lot better then I ever could. Enjoy.
I'm not going to let myself get all stressed imagining the possibility of an NFL with no salary cap. It wouldn't be good for the Steelers, let's just leave it at that.
Right now, the front office is in the process of freeing up cap space. So far...
- Duce Staley's contract has been restructred. Staley would have counted $4.3 million against the cap next year. The details haven't been released.
- The front office is attempting to restrutcure the deals of Jeff Hartings and his backup, Chuky Okobi, who would've counted $4 million and $2 million respectively.
- Saftey Russell Stuvaints has been released.
- Corner Willie Williams will be released.
- Quarterback Tommy Maddox will be released.
I have faith this whole thing will get straighted out. I really do. There's too much damn money involved.
Other Steelers stuff:
- That big old house Cowher bought down North Carolina? Apparently, it's not an indication he plans on retiring anytime soon.
- There's some angry Seahwaks or Bengals fans out there. Someone called in a bomb threat in an effort to ruin the screening of the new Steelers championship DVD.
- Ben and Hines want El back.